Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mid Autumn Festival

There are many festivals in my country. The most important one is the Mid Autumn Festival on August the 14 of the Lunar year. This is a special festival for children. The festival starts at the beginning of the night, about 6PM. In this festival, children usually receive many many presents from their parents. Most of presents are cakes or a beautiful light. Sometimes some of them also like making their lantern by themselves.

In this festival, most families go to the pagoda at the village. They give many fruits to Buddha and wish for good lives. I also used to go there with my parents for Mid Autumn holiday and I met so many of my friends there. On this holiday, there is a Lân dancing performance (Lân is a great animal of Asian Legend, he looks like a lion). Children usually really like this performance so much that they follow it around the village. They come to every house, do beautiful dance and give their best wishes to all members in each house. Then they receive some presents from them, usually cakes or money.

The festival finishes at midnight, when the Moon is really full in the sky (it looks like a big silver disk). It's the time of the most beautiful scene I think. Then my friends and I come back home and have a deep sleep with beautiful dreams about childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment