Sunday, May 2, 2010

The English Times (1)

Meet Level 2A
(From Staff Reporters)

The Level 2A class this spring is interesting and cooperative. The class consists of sixteen students: ten females and six males. They come from eight conutries in Asia, Afirca, America, and Europe. They speak the following native languages: Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Korean, Spanish and Tigre. In their countries, they had various occupations including hair stylist, student, electrical technician, and driver. The students range in age from 20 to 41 years. The average age is 24.6 years. Six of the students are married. Three students live alone. The others live with their spouses and/or relatives. According to the teachers of the class, these student study hard and get along well. The teacher said, "It is really a pleasure to teach this group of varied people who work together well.
------------------------

Black Sky
(By Ana Nogueira)

Last semester when I lived in Texas, I had a scary experience. It happened on the Friday night before spring break. The sky was dark, and the clouds were moving very quickly. I turned on the TV and listened to the weather channel. The newscaster was warning about a tornado near the lake. I was scared because I had never seen a tornado before. Suddenly, it began to rain pieces of ice, or haill I began to be very scared. The hail was hitting my window, so I went into the bathroom and waited for the storm to finish. I heard hours later that the tornado hit a few blocks from my house. It didn't cause any damage, but I know tornadoes are really dangerous. I didn't have a real experience with a tornado before, and I was not prepared for it. Now I'm sure it is a good idea to listen to a weather report if it looks like a bad storm. I hope I don't have another experience like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment