Monday, May 3, 2010

The English Times (2)

An Afraid Night
(by Xiao-He Zhao)

When I had just come to New York, I was not afraid when I walked home at night. One thing happened to my good friend to change me. One night, my good friend was going home after work. She was waliking on the sidewalk. There were no people or cars in the street. Suddenly, a tall man jumped out of a doorway near her. He pulled out a sharp knife. He took her new handbag and expensive watch. he left. My friend did not say anything because she was very afraid. She lost a watch that cost $200 and $50 in money. After that, my friend didn't walk on the sidewalk at night. She bought a car to drive home. When my friend told me this dangerous thing, I was very afraid. Now I don't walk home at night. I'm very careful at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment