Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Letters and e-mail

January 5, 2004
Dear students,
Welcome to From Writing to Composing. We wrote this book to give you and your teacher a collection of interesting and useful activities. Together you and your teacher can use these activities to improve your writing in English. With practice, you will begin to write more fluently and confidently. Good luck and best wishes for a very productive course.
Sincerely,

Beverly & Carol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Three More Facts about Me

Dear Maria,
I am very happy to have you as one of my classmates. I have many secrets to tell! Just kidding!
Let me tell you more about myself. The first new fact is that I have one younger brother who is studying the United States. The second fact is that my wife is studying for her Ph.D. The third fact is that this is my second visit to United States. I studied English for six month in Rhode Island, which is the smallest state in the United States.
That's all for now. Have a nice weekend. See you on Monday.
Sincerely,
Sang Kim

---------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Three More Facts about Me

Dear Sang,
Thank you for your email. It is nice to meet you, too. I have one thing to common with you. I also lived in Rhode Island. I was a student at the Technical Community College for nine months. I lived in an American family's house, and I still write to them from time to time. Also, this is the third time I have visited the United States. The second time I was in Iowa for business, but it was only for ten days.
I hope you enjoy my email. I hope I did not make a lot of mistakes. Take care!
Best regards,
Maria Perez

P.S. Have a nice weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment