Saturday, April 17, 2010

Robot Does It All (1)

I start recording the story "Robot Does It All" by Teramura Teruo, this story is from the book "Stories by Teramura Teruo".

ROBOT DOES IT ALL


Allright, pay attention now. This story's about a king.
Every morning at seven it's rise-and-shine time for the king.
Ta-ra ta-ra-ra, ta-ta ta-rara
ta-ta ta-rara ta-raa
A bugle blows in the palace. Then the chief minister comes to the king's room.
"Your Majesty, the bugle has sounded. Get up please," he says.
"Don't bother me. It's not seven yet."
"No, no mistake. The bugle has sounded."
"The palace clock is fast, that's why."
"It is not fast, it's right on time."
"What!?! How dare you talk that way to your king!!" cried the king as he stood up in bed.
"Good morning, Your Majesty! There, you're up. You mustn't go back to sleep now."
The chief minister bowed to him, a smile on his face. This made the king wide awake.
"... makes me so mad..." And in a thoroughly bad mood.
"I wish I could sleep as long as I want in the morning. And go to bed at night only when I'm sleepy..."
The king's "Washing-Up Time" had arrived.
"Oh, bother! I hate brushing my teeth."
Next it was "Light-Exercises-Before-Breakfast Time"
"Ooh! bother!! I wish I didn't have to do stupid exercises."
When these were finished, it was "Washing-Hands-Before-Meals Time."
"Ooh, bother!!! I wish I didn't have to wash my darn hands every single time. If only somebody would wash his hands instead of me..."
(Somebody... instead... That's it!) The king had a bright idea.
Summoning the chief minister, he told him: "Make me a robot that looks exactly like me. Now! At once!"
Once the king says something he won't change his mind. Was such a robot really possible? Well, even if it wasn't, they would have to make one.
"Ye...yes, Your Majesty!"
The palace wise man at one set about studying how to make one.
The king grinned. "When the robot is finished, I can make it do all the irksome things, and all I will have to do is sleep, and eat."
At which point the king's "Breakfast Time" began.

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment